The Embassy of the United States of America in Serbia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program competition for the 2017-2018 academic year. The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program is a non-degree post-doctoral award program for junior and senior researchers, university lecturers and experts from academic institutions in Serbia. This program brings scholars to the United States for advanced research and/or university lecturing. All applicants must currently be affiliated with one of the universities in Serbia.
In addition, all qualified applicants are expected to have the capacity and commitment to take full advantage of a program of research or lecturing at a U.S. university, and be willing to share their experience and knowledge after returning to Serbia. The Fulbright experience should be of value not only to the scholar, but also to the scholar's home university – its students and faculty – as well as to the U.S. host institution. Fulbright scholars serve as cultural ambassadors and should be prepared to speak about their country, culture, and research to academic and community groups.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Serbia.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in the field of research or lecturing.
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English.
- Applicants must be eligible for a J-1 visa, which requires the grantee to return to the Republic of Serbia for a minimum of two years at the end of the grant period.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
- Researchers in medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing and other fields whose research proposals include clinical contact with patients are not eligible for Fulbright grants. Candidates with medical degrees are not allowed to pursue medical residencies or internships in the United States as Fulbright Fellows.
- Persons desiring permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
Dependents: The Fulbright program does provide small allowance for accompanying dependents.
How to apply:
Completed applications must include:
Online application at https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/scholars/ which includes the following:
- Detailed statement of proposed activity for research/lecturing in the United States
- Letter from employer confirming employment in Serbia (in English or Serbian)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Bibliography (research proposal) and/or Course Syllabi (lecturing proposal)
- Letter or e-mail of invitation from U.S. Institution (if available)
- Copy of passport
Please scan all the above mentioned documents and upload to your online application.
Application Deadline: November 13, 2016
Read more at https://serbia.usembassy.gov/exchanges/fulbright-visiting-scholar-program.html