Global Undergraduate Exchange Program 2018/19 - UGRAD 06 Dec 16:16
The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. It is a fully-funded scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at an assigned U.S. college or university. Participants are emerging leaders committed to their home communities. During the Program, Global UGRAD participants challenge themselves to explore U.S. society, culture, and academic learning. They participate in community service and professional development workshops. All academic fields of study are eligible.*
The scholarship covers international travel, tuition, room and board, medical insurance, required books, and a small monthly stipend. Selected students pursue academic coursework in their fields of study, and will be required to take one 3-credit U.S. studies course to enhance their understanding of the United States. Participants from all world regions will live in campus housing facilities with American peers, and will be required to participate in twenty hours of community service and cultural enrichment activities.
For application information and instructions, please visit www.worldlearning.org/ugrad.
Eligibility for the Global UGRAD Program:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants must be studying in the country in which they apply for the Global UGRAD Program.
- Scholarships will be granted to students who currently are enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs only, having completed a minimum of their first semester of study. Participants must have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Preference will be given to those who have had little or NO experience in the U.S. or outside of their home countries.
- Applicants must be committed to return directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (http://www.miusa.org/storymap)
Individuals in the following circumstances are not eligible for the Global UGRAD Program:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of their home country;
- Local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) of U.S. Department of State and USAID employees; family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment;
- Current World Learning employees and their immediate family members.
Before you begin/Useful tips:
- Please read carefully Step-by-step student guide for the Global UGRAD online application
- Student recommendation guidelines. Prospective participants should request their transcripts as soon as possible, as they will not be able to add additional information after the December 31.
- Visit Global UGRAD Facebook page for the information about the Global UGRAD students’ and alumni activities
- Be patient and persistent! It takes longer than two hours to submit a quality proposal.
For additional information please write to: BelgradeG-UGRAD@state.gov
* Per J-1 visa regulations, for the students of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacology or other clinical fields of study, the direct patient care, including animal care, is not permitted, and therefore academic coursework and/or program activities at participating U.S. institutions may be limited.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 31, 5:00PM EST
Prezentacija UGRAD programa se u Beogradu održava u petak, 8. decembra 2017. godine od 18:00 u Američkom kutku, Makedonska 22/I.